5TH Annual GRAND RIVER RUN
1010 Grand River Drive NE, Ada, MI 49301
Saturday, September 24, 2016
8K • 5K • 2K
The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to host the 5th annual GRAND RIVER RUN at beautiful Roselle Park. Two timed trail race events are planned: an 8K and a 5K. The original 8K hybrid trail race course features a network of paved and non-paved mostly flat, yet challenging and highly scenic trails that wind throughout the nature preserve, while the 5K and 2K routes are on all-paved trails. The races and family run/walk events are followed by the Roselle Park River Festival.
Seasoned and novice trail and road runners alike will enjoy the diverse terrain and scenery at the GRAND RIVER RUN. The course is designed to showcase the natural beauty at the 250-plus acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, which is situated along miles of Grand River frontage in beautiful Ada Township, Michigan. Register early to reserve your spot! Small, personalized field.
- 8K “Hybrid” Trail Race @ 9 a.m.*
- 5K “All-Paved” Trail Race @ 9:10 a.m.*
- 2K Family (& Fido) Fun Run & Walk @ 10:15 a.m.
*Timed Race Events.
- Our Original 8K “Hybrid” Trail Race Course offers a five-plus mile scenic journey through Roselle Park’s Grand River valley and its 100-year old floodplains. This challenging, yet mostly flat course shows off the park’s early fall foliage, migrating birds, tall prairie grasses, meadows, woodlands, wetlands, meandering streams, and of course scenic views of the Mighty Grand. The 8K is geared toward trail AND road runners alike–and is an excellent event to sample a trail race distance beyond an 5K. The course starts and finishes fast along a paved path, and has ample passing opportunities. The event is chip-timed race. Gazelle Sports Gift Certificates, Other Gift Cards (Twisted Rooster, Wheelhouse, and others), plus a customized, hand-made ceramic Medal Award with ribbon will be awarded to top finishers in over 34 categories!
- The 5K Trail Race Course consists of an all-paved, mostly flat and fast trail loop at Roselle Park. The course is highly scenic, offering Grand River views, and affords runners the opportunity to sample Roselle Park’s natural beauty without going “off trail.” Like the 8K, this is a chip-timed race. For the safety of everyone, runners with wheelchairs and baby joggers will line up behind other participants. The event is chip-timed race. Gazelle Sports Gift Certificates, Other Gift Cards (Twisted Rooster, Wheelhouse, and others), plus a customized, hand-made ceramic Medal Award with ribbon will be awarded to top finishers in over 34 categories!
- The 2K (1.25 mile) Family & Fido Fun Run/Walk event is a non-timed, non-competitive event that is perfect for the entire family, including outdoor enthusiasts of all ages/abilities. The course follows an all-paved loop that takes participants out along the Grand River (highly scenic), past a bird observation deck, and returns in time for the family to enjoy the Roselle Park River Festival.* Children 5 and under may participate for free (with a registered adult/shirt not included with free entry). 8K & 5K registered runners are welcome to participate in this event for free with friends and/or family. Come out for the run, and following the race/walk–enjoy the fun at the Roselle Park River Festival! Strollers, walkers, boarders and wheelchairs are most welcome (please line up behind runners/walkers)! All children finishers 10U will receive special youth-oriented treats, high fives and an award. Socialized dogs are welcome on a leash and must be cleaned up after. Depending on the turnout, we will stage the event to accommodate those who want to run vs. walk.
- Roselle Park River Festival: The festival runs from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., and will feature live music, food/refreshments for sale, free fall-themed hands-on youth crafts and activities, educational nature exhibits and displays, animal interactions, arts and craft activities, pony rides, nature hikes, biking, and much more! Please check back as we will post more event details later.
NOTE: Pre-event registration is recommended so we can plan for your visit (we need to pre-pay and order our custom-made medals, race shirts, and food/beverages in advance of the event!). We will keep online race registration open through Friday, Sept. 23 at noon. Late/walk-up registration information will be posted at a later date. Shirts will be guaranteed through our order deadline (see the order form for details). ONLY registered runners and/or walkers with the proper race bibs and/or wrist bands will be permitted on the race course until AFTER we have cleared the course. There are several suitable areas for visitor photo-taking and cheering along each route (along the start and finish line, and a second spot to view 8K runners in the field). Chip timing devices will be collected in the finisher’s chute. Post-race refreshments are for the enjoyment of all registered runners/walkers (including participants ages 5 and under who join a registered guardian for free). Please feel free to bring your favorite chair, a cooler, and your own food if desired. Preliminary race times will be posted immediately, with final times being posted online after the completion of all events. Awards and medals will be distributed during our awards ceremony, and must be picked up on-site. A complete schedule with directions and reminders will be emailed to all participants in advance. When registering, please make sure we can read your email address! We look forward to hosting you at Roselle Park on Saturday, September 24, 2016!
THANK YOU 2016 Sponsors!
Connect with Us!
Like us on Facebook for training information and updates about the race. You will be the first to know when we finalize details about a future event, plus first-in-line to hear about our Early Bird registration opportunities. Follow us @grandriverrun on Twitter! Follow us on Instagram @grandriverrun to view photos, plus tag your Instagram race photos #grandriverrun to share them with us! You may win a registration to next year’s event! View our Flickr account to view previous years’ race event photos!
Get Involved in 2016 as a Corporate Business Sponsor, In-Kind Product or Prize Donor, or Race-Day Volunteer!
2013 Grand River Run 8K Race Results