3rd Annual GRAND RIVER RUN
Held in Conjunction with the 7th Annual Roselle Park Fall River Festival Event
Saturday, September 27, 2014
8K • 5K • 1.5 Mile
Welcome to the GRAND RIVER RUN!
Join the Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department for the 3rd Annual GRAND RIVER RUN Trail Race, to be held in conjunction with the 7th Annual Roselle Park Fall River Festival event on Saturday, September 27, 2014.
Seasoned and novice trail and road runners alike will enjoy the diverse terrain and scenery of the GRAND RIVER RUN. The course was custom-designed and prepped to showcase the natural beauty at 250-acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, located along miles of Grand River frontage in beautiful Ada Township, Michigan.
• 8K Timed “Combo” Trail Race (9 a.m.)-Chip Timed!
• 5K Timed “100% Paved” Trail Race (9:15 a.m.)-Chip Timed!
• 1.5 Mile Family-Friendly “Fun” Run/Walk (11 a.m.)-Non-Timed with Plenty of Finish Line Cheers!
• Chip-to-chip timing • QR Code for Easy Time Access • Immediate Post-Race Results/Posting • Professional Race Photography • Family-Friendly Festival Featuring Live Music, Food, Activities & Fun at the Finish Line • Race Emcee and Music at the Start/Finish Line • Awards & Medals to Top Finishers in Multiple Categories • GRAND RIVER RUN T-Shirt (tech upgrade is available) • Sponsor Goodies • Finisher’s Ribbons for Children • Prize Drawings • Post-Race Refreshments: Cider & Donuts • Multiple Water/Aid Stations • Free Parking • Free Festival Admission!
The 8K start is at 9 a.m., followed by an all-new 5K race at 9:15 a.m. The 1.5 Mile Family-Friendly Fun Run/Walk is at 11 a.m., and follows the 8K & 5K Awards Ceremony.
- The 8K Trail Race Course is a five-mile journey along a custom -designed trail network comprised of nearly equal parts paved, mowed grass, and hard-packed clay surfaces that affords runners with a “birds-eye” view of the entire park. The course, which starts and finishes flat and fast along a paved trail with ample passing opportunities, features stunning views of Ada Township’s 100-year old floodplain river valley, Fall foliage, wildlife consisting of migrating birds, human-height prairie grasses, meadows, towering woodlands, thickets, wetlands, meandering streams, and the majestic Grand River. This race is chip-to-chip timed. Immediate post-race results and QR code.
- New this year is a 5K Trail Race Course consisting of an all-paved, mostly flat and fast trail loop. The course is highly scenic, offering Grand River views, and affords runners the opportunity to sample Roselle Park’s natural beauty without getting “off trail.” This race is chip-to-chip timed. Immediate post-race results and QR code.
- The 1.5 Mile Family-Friendly “Fun” Run/Walk is a non-timed, non-competitive run or walk that is perfect for the entire family, including outdoor enthusiasts of all ages. The trail is an all-paved loop that takes runners out along the Grand River (highly scenic), and returns to the Roselle Park Fall River Festival, complete with live family-friendly music, free Fall-themed youth crafts and activities, educational nature exhibits, live animal interactions, great food, and much more! Children 5 and under can participate for free with a registered adult. 8K & 5K registered runners can participate for free with friends and family members! Come out for the run, and enjoy the post-race fun with your entire family! Strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs are most welcome! All children finishers will receive a “Finisher’s Ribbon,” Pepsi product sample, and plenty of cheers at the Finish Line!
Gold Sponsor: DEMATIC
Silver Sponsor: Gazelle Sports
Product Sponsors: Pepsi & Gatorade
What’s New in 2014:
- 5K 100% paved trail race
- Chip-to-chip timing with Immediate Results & QR Codes
- Corporate Team Entry (8K & 5K)
- Early Bird Rate Extension
- Prizes to Top Registrants!
- More surprises in store… Stay Connected to learn more.
Keep In Touch!
Get Involved as a Corporate Business Sponsor, In-Kind Product or Prize Donor, or Race-Day Volunteer!
View Roselle Park Grand River Run in a larger map