Welcome to the 6th Annual GRAND RIVER RUN at Roselle Park: 1010 Grand River Drive, Ada, MI
The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department is pleased to host the 6th GRAND RIVER RUN at beautiful Roselle Park. Two professionally timed trail race events are planned: an 8K and a 5K. Our original 8K hybrid trail race course has been modified throughout the years to include more natural trails, and features a network of mostly flat, yet challenging and highly scenic trails that wind throughout the nature preserve (hard packed clay, low grass and non-beveled paved trails with ample shoulder running room if desired), while the 5K and 2K routes consist of flat and fast paved trails.
Seasoned and novice trail and road runners alike will enjoy the diverse terrain and scenery at the GRAND RIVER RUN. The course is designed to showcase the natural beauty at the 250-plus acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, which is situated along miles of Grand River frontage in beautiful Ada Township, Michigan. Register early to reserve your spot! Small, personalized field.
- 8K (4.97 miles) “Hybrid Surface” Trail Race @ 9 a.m.*
- 5K (3.1 miles) Paved Trail Race @ 9:10 a.m.*
- 2K (1.25 miles) Family Fun Run & Walk @ 10:15 a.m.
- Top Finisher Medals & Awards will be presented upon final finisher scores.
*Timed Race Events.
Our Original 8K (4.97 mile) “Hybrid” Trail Race Course offers a scenic journey through Roselle Park’s Grand River valley and its 100-year old floodplains, yet this isn’t a walk in the park! This professionally timed race features a challenging, yet mostly flat course which showcases the park’s early fall foliage, migrating birds, tall prairie grasses, meadows, woodlands, wetlands, meandering streams, and of course scenic views of the Mighty Grand. The 8K is geared toward trail AND road runners alike–and is an excellent event for newbie and seasoned trail runners. The course starts and finishes fast along a paved path, and has ample passing opportunities. The event is RFID bib timed. Custom medals and finisher gift certificates will be awarded to top M/F finishers in multiple age group categories.
The 5K (3.1 mile) Trail Race Course consists of an all-paved, mostly flat and fast trail loop at Roselle Park. The course is highly scenic, offering Grand River views, and affords runners the opportunity to sample Roselle Park’s natural beauty without going “off trail.” Like the 8K, this is a chip-timed race. For the safety of everyone, runners with wheelchairs and baby joggers will line up behind other participants. The event is RFID bib timed. Custom medals and finisher gift certificates will be awarded to top M/F finishers in multiple age group categories.
The 2K (1.25 mile) Family Fun Run/Walk event is a non-timed, non-competitive event that is perfect for the entire family, including outdoor enthusiasts of all ages/abilities. The course follows an all-paved loop that takes participants out along the Grand River (highly scenic), past a bird observation deck, and returns to the finisher’s chute with plenty of cheers and high fives at the finish line. Children 5 and under may participate for free (with a registered adult/shirt not included with free entry). 8K & 5K registered runners are welcome to participate in this event for free with friends and/or family. Strollers, walkers, boarders and wheelchairs are most welcome (please line up behind runners/walkers)! All children finishers 10U will receive an award. Socialized dogs are welcome on a leash and must be cleaned up after. Depending on the turnout, we will stage the event to accommodate those who want to run vs. walk.
New this year, we’ll tentatively host a post-race reception in the Roselle Park Welcome Center, complete with refreshments, prize drawings and fun for those who can visit for awhile after the race events. We’ll share more information soon!
Connect with Us!
Like us on Facebook @grandriverrun for training information and updates about the race. You will be the first to know when we finalize details about the event, plus first-in-line to hear about other important information and promotional opportunities.
Follow us @grandriverrun on Twitter!
Follow us on Instagram @grandriverrun to view photos, plus tag your Instagram race photos #grandriverrun to share them with us! You may win a registration to next year’s event!
View our Flickr account to view previous years’ race event photos!
Get Involved in 2017 as a Corporate Business Sponsor, In-Kind Product or Prize Donor, or Race-Day Volunteer!
Past Race Results:
2016 Grand River Run 8K Race Results / 2016 Grand River Run 5K Race Results / 2015 Grand River Run 8K Race Results / 2015 Grand River Run 5K Race Results 2014 Grand River Run 8K Race Results / 2014 Grand River Run 5K Race Results 2013 Grand River Run 8K Race Results 2012 Grand River Run 8K Race Results
- EARLY registration is recommended so we can plan for your visit (we need to order well in advance and pay vendors–plus plan staffing and volunteers accordingly).
- Late registration information will be posted at a later date.
- Shirt sizes/styles will be guaranteed prior to our order deadline.
- Only registered runners and/or walkers with the proper identification will be permitted onto the race course until AFTER we have cleared the course. There are several areas suitable for visitor photo-taking and cheering along each route (please inquire).
- Post-race refreshments are for the enjoyment of all registered runners/walkers (including participants ages 5 and under who join a registered guardian for free). We are sorry, but we cannot accommodate guests as our priority is to serve all registered participants who have earned tasty treats and beverages after all that running/walking.
- Please feel free to bring your favorite chair, a cooler, bike for post-race cool down, and your own food if desired.
- Preliminary race times will be posted immediately, with final times being posted online after the completion of all events. We will host an informal awards ceremony and random prize drawings.
- Awards and medals will be distributed during our awards ceremony, and must be picked up on-site. If you are in a hurry, please check-in with our volunteers who will “sign out” your medal and prize award–if earned.
- Our photographers will be on-site to capture your finish line photo and course photos.
- On-site parking is FREE! Two parking lots are available–one is located near the Park Resource Building, and the other is located south of the silos.
- Exercise caution when driving along Grand River Drive and through the parking lot areas! If possible, please try to carpool.
- Restrooms are available in the Park Hospitality Building, and also near the start/finish line. One portable restroom is available at approximately miles 1 and 4.
- A complete schedule with directions and reminders will be emailed to all participants in advance. When registering, please make sure we can read your email address! We look forward to hosting you soon!