Like us on Facebook for training information and updates about the race and the festival! Follow us on Twitter for event updates! >2013 GRAND RIVER RUN 8K RACE RESULTS >8K Overall Ranking Results (PDF Format) >2013 Race Day Photos!
Runners of all levels will enjoy partaking in the GRAND RIVER RUN, designed to showcase the natural beauty at 240+ acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, located along the banks of the Grand River in Ada, Township. The 8K race at 9 a.m. will be timed and start in waves. The course combines natural wooded/mowed grass/packed dirt and paved trails, while offering runners scenic views of the entire park. Following the 8K is a 1.5 Mile Family-Friendly “Fun” Run along a flat, paved loop course which offers participants a scenic “mini-tour” of the park. Children 5 and under can participate in the 1.5 Mile Run/Walk for free with a registered adult. All registered runners will receive an official race T-shirt (performance upgrade is available), $5.00 Gazelle Sports Gift Certificate, Water/Aid Stations, Post-Race Refreshments, and a Free Post-Race Festival at the Finish Line! Grand River Run Medals and Gazelle Sports Gift Certificates will be presented to the top three male/female finishers in each age category (8K), plus prizes to the top male/female master’s (8K), and top overall male/female finishers (8K & 1.5 Mile Run/Walk). Please see the registration form for details. There are three (3) water/aid stations along the course, and post-race refreshments from D&W Fresh Market and Pepsi/Gatorade. All children finishers will receive a race bib, product sample, cheers at the finish line, refreshments, and a Finisher’s Ribbon, PLUS the FREE Roselle Park River Festival featuring an M.S.U.-led Nature Explore! Discovery Walk, Pumpkin Painting, Live Family-Friendly Music featuring The Porter’s followed by Hawks & Owls, Fresh Food Grilled to Order, Butterfly Releases, Birds of Prey, Nature Displays, Crafts and More!
8K Course Description (9 a.m. start):
The 8K timed race is an excellent opportunity for novice and seasoned trail and road runners to unite as it combines nearly equal parts wooded/mowed/natural prepped trail running with paved trail segments interspersed throughout for a fast, mostly flat, yet challenging race course. The Grand River Run is a perfect event if you’ve been wanting to explore trail running in West Michigan. And, if you are already a seasoned trail runner, the course allows you to pick up some speed. The 8K distance serves as a good bridge between a 5K and a 10K.
Course Specifics: Don’t be surprised if a Bald Eagle or Blue Heron takes flight midway through your run! Runners can expect to start out on a paved trail; traverse over a few foot bridges; and, enjoy a scenic run along the Grand River–through a deciduous forest, wetlands, and prairie meadows with mega-tall indigenous grasses that engulf you. The home stretch is flat, fast and paved and will allow you to pick up some speed.
Expect a course mostly untraveled by the “typical’ road runner, but reveled by the exceptional few off-road warriors. Join us in a challenging 5-mile race that promises to heighten your awareness and appreciation for the natural beauty at Roselle Park! 8K Runners will start/finish in waves. More details will be announced.
1.5 Mile Course Description (10:15 a.m. start):
The 1.5 Mile Fun Run and/or Walk is perfect for everyone, including new runners, families with children, and adults with baby joggers who want to enjoy the festivities. The course is mostly flat, and paved with scenic views of Roselle Park’s wetlands and The Grand River. Water station at Mile 1. All registrants will receive a Grand River Run Shirt. Children 5 and under walk/run or roll for free with a registered adult, and will receive a finisher’s ribbon or “fun” medal! For the safety and enjoyment of all participants–we will ask the more competitive runners to line up first, followed by runners with joggers, and then walkers. However, this is a FUN RUN! Music at the finish line, live emcee announcements, cowbells, finisher’s ribbons for children, post-race refreshments, and photo opportunities galore! And, of course, the 6th Annual Roselle Park River Festival from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.!
Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration:
Please Click Here for Packet Pick-Up & Late Registration Information.
8K Race Course Map:
Grand River Run 8K Course Map (subject to modification). We are prepping and grooming the trails up until race day, so please exercise caution while exploring the park’s natural trails on your own. Grand River Run 1.5 Mile Fun Run Course Map.
- DJ Steff playing music at the start/finish
- Unique, scenic “combo” trail course through a 240+ acre nature preserve
- Timed Race (8K) with Immediate Results
- Water/Gatorade/Aid stations (Three (3) along the 8K course, and One (1) along the 1.5 Mile Fun Run course)
- Grand River Run T-shirt guaranteed to all early/regular registered runners (performance shirt upgrade available)–we’ve ordered extras, so come on out!
- Free parking within easy walking distance to the start/finish line (short walk)
- Guest/Visitor Food/Beverages from O’Brien’s Market & Deli of Ada will be available for purchase throughout the entire day, plus we have “great” race viewing areas along the course within easy walking distance (Please email us for the best race viewing areas, or arrive early and pick up a map. For the safety of our runners, viewers must be in place 15-minutes prior to race start).
- Restrooms at the start/finish.
- Awards Ceremony: Top three (3) overall M/F 8K Finishers will receive a Medal & a Gift Certificate Award from Silver Sponsor Gazelle Sports ($20, $15, or $10); Top M/F 8K Master’s will receive a Medal & Prize; Top M/F in each age bracket will receive a Medal & Award Gift Certificate ($15 Gift Certificate). Top Overall M/F Fun Run finishers will receive a prize, plus random prize drawings and Finisher’s Ribbons or “Fun” medals for all children.
- Children’s Finisher Ribbons, DJ Announcements, Cheers, Cowbell, and Post-Race Treats for all children fun run participants at the Finish Line (new location this year with finisher chute for easy photo capture!)
- Post-Race Refreshments for all participants (water/Gatorade/Spartan Trail Mix Bars/Fruit, Bagel Bites, etc!)
- Free Family-Friendly Festival at the finish line with three live bands and activities from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m.–Fall fun for the entire family!
- NOTE: Prizes and awards are subject to change based in part on the total number of overall participants, and representation within each age bracket.
After the Race, all Runners will Enjoy Live Music, Refreshments and more at the 6th Annual Roselle Park River Festival!
Runners, please bring out your friends and family for morale support, and enjoy the free post-race festival at the finish line! Following are a few of the activities planned after the race from 10 a.m. until 4 p.m. Enjoy live music from family-friendly bands, pumpkin painting, boat making, silo climbing wall, silo observation deck open, live animal exhibits from area zoos and nature centers, naturalist displays, hands-on children’s crafts and activities, arts/crafts for sale, great food, pony rides for youngsters ($), Explore Nature Discovery Walk/Tour, and much more! Fun for the entire family-from youth to adults! Please click here for a PDF Explore Nature Discovery Walk/Tour flyer.
Location (please see map below):
Roselle Park: 1010 Grand River Drive NE, Ada, Michigan 49301
(Roselle Park is located south of Knapp Street and north of Fulton Street (M-21), on the east side of Grand River Drive. The park is located east of E. Beltline.)
Free Parking & Restrooms:
Participating runners may park for free in the designated lot located just North of the park’s main entrance. Please follow race-day parking signage. The walk to the start is nearby. Portable restrooms are available at the start/finish line. Fresh grilled to order food plus sandwich wraps will be available for purchase from O’Brien’s Market & Deli of Ada near the large, yellow/white entertainment tent.
Special Thanks to Our Sponsors, Underwriters, Volunteers & Supporters:
Putting on a race for 100, 300, or 500 people is similar to produce in many ways. A smaller race in fact may have many more challenges to overcome vs. a large, national mega-race with thousands of attendees. Our goal with the Grand River Run is pretty simple. We want people to come out to the Roselle Park River Festival, and experience all that the park has to offer visitors on many different levels. Our venue is unique, and we strive to remain small and intimate for our patrons. To this end, without the strong support of our volunteer network, donors, in-kind providers and corporate sponsors such as D&W Fresh Market, DEMATIC, Sentinel Pointe Retirement Community, Gazelle Sports, MINDshare Media, among others, we would not be able to sustain an event of this caliber! Please shout out a warm “THANK YOU” to our wonderful sponsors!
Presenting Sponsor: D&W Fresh Market
Gold Sponsor: DEMATIC
Silver Sponsors: Sentinel Pointe Retirement Community, MINDshare Media and Gazelle Sports
Bronze Sponsor: Pepsi & Gatorade
Race Sponsor: Thompson Remodeling
View Roselle Park Grand River Run in a larger map