4TH Annual GRAND RIVER RUN
Held in Conjunction with the Roselle Park River Festival
1010 Grand River Drive NE, Ada, MI 49301
Saturday, September 26, 2015
8K • 5K • 2K
Registration is closed for the 4th annual GRAND RIVER RUN trail race event which was held on Saturday, September 26, 2015 at Ada Township’s Roselle Park (1010 Grand River Drive NE, Ada, MI 49301). The event is hosted in by the Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department and offers an 8K chip timed “hybrid” trail race, 5K chip timed paved trail race, and a 2K Family Fun Run & Walk event. The race is held annually in conjunction with the Roselle Park River Festival–and typically falls on the last Saturday of September.
Seasoned and novice trail and road runners alike will enjoy the diverse terrain and scenery at the GRAND RIVER RUN. The course is designed to showcase the natural beauty at the 250-plus acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, located along miles of Grand River frontage in beautiful Ada Township, Michigan.
- 8K Timed “Hybrid” Trail Race @ 9 a.m.*
- 5K Timed “All-Paved” Trail Race @ 9:15 a.m.*
- 2K Family “Fun” Run/Walk/Roll/Board @ 10:30 a.m.
*Timed Race Events.
The 8K start is at 9 a.m., followed by the 5K race at 9:15 a.m. The 2K Family-Friendly Fun Run/Walk/Roll/Board is at 10:30 a.m., and follows the 8K & 5K Awards Ceremony.
- Our Original 8K “Hybrid” Trail Race Course is a five-mile plus journey along a hand-prepped trail network comprised of nearly equal parts natural trails and paved paths that provides runners with a great tour of the entire park. The course starts and finishes flat and fast along a paved path, and has ample passing opportunities while featuring unique and scenic views of Ada Township’s 100-year old floodplain river valley, fall foliage, wildlife consisting of migrating birds, human-height prairie grasses, meadows, towering woodlands, thickets, wetlands, meandering streams, a foot bridge for good measure, and the majestic Grand River throughout most of the course. While challenging due to the transitions and some of the characteristics of the natural trails, this course is mostly flat with few elevation gains–an ideal race for both novice and seasoned trail runners alike for different reasons. This race is start/finish chip-timed.
- Back by popular demand is our 5K Trail Race Course consisting of an all-paved, mostly flat and fast trail loop. The course is highly scenic, offering Grand River views, and affords runners the opportunity to sample Roselle Park’s natural beauty without getting “off trail.” This race is start/finish chip-timed.
- The 2K Family-Friendly “Fun” Run/Walk/Roll/Board event is a non-timed, non-competitive event perfect for the entire family, including outdoor enthusiasts of all ages/abilities. The course is an all-paved loop that takes participants out along the Grand River (highly scenic), and returns to the Roselle Park River Festival.* Children 5 and under can participate for free with a registered adult. 8K & 5K registered runners are welcome to participate for free in this event (join other family members, or run an extra loop)! Come out for the run, and enjoy the fun at the Roselle Park River Festival with your entire family! Strollers, walkers, boarders and wheelchairs are most welcome! All children finishers will receive a “Finisher’s Ribbon” and special treats.
- Roselle Park River Festival: The festival runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., and features live music, good eats, free fall-themed hands-on youth crafts and activities, educational nature exhibits and displays, animal presentations, arts and craft activities, nature hikes, biking, and much more!
Thank you for participating in the 4th Annual Grand River Run!
We hope you enjoyed your race at Roselle Park today. We will post a few photos soon! Below, please find race results.
Keep In Touch!
Like us on Facebook for training information and updates about the race. You will be the first to know when we finalize details about a future event, plus first-in-line to hear about our Early Bird registration opportunities. Follow us @grandriverrun on Twitter! Follow us on Instagram @grandriverrun to view photos, plus tag your Instagram race photos #grandriverrun to share them with us! You may win a registration to next year’s event! View our Flickr account to view previous years’ race event photos!
View Roselle Park Grand River Run in a larger map
PLEASE NOTE: 2015 Race event planning is underway and subject to change. Please email us if you would like to get involved as a corporate sponsor, donor, volunteer or participant! And, of course we welcome your ideas and feedback!