4TH Annual GRAND RIVER RUN
Held in Conjunction with the Roselle Park River Festival
Saturday, September 26, 2015
8K • 5K • 2K
Join the Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department for the 4thAnnual GRAND RIVER RUN Trail Race events, which will be held in conjunction with the Roselle Park River Festival on Saturday, September 26, 2015.
Seasoned and novice trail and road runners alike will enjoy the diverse terrain and scenery of the GRAND RIVER RUN. The course was designed to showcase the natural beauty at the 250-plus acre nature preserve, Roselle Park, located along miles of Grand River frontage in beautiful Ada Township, Michigan.
- 8K Timed “Hybrid” Trail Race @ 9 a.m.*
- 5K Timed “All-Paved” Trail Race @ 9:15 a.m.*
- 2K Family “Fun” Run/Walk/Roll/Board @ 10:30 a.m.
*Chip Timed Race Events.
- Click here to register for the 2015 Grand Rive Run.
Family-Friendly Fun Before/During/Following the race events • Chip start and chip finish timing (8K & 5K) • Race Bib QR Code (8K & 5K) • Immediate Post-Race Results (8K & 5K) • Professional Race Photography (8K & 5K) • Family-Friendly Festival Featuring Live Music, Food, Activities & Fun • Race Emcee and Music at the Start/Finish Line • Grand River Run Medals to top finishers (8K & 5K) • GRAND RIVER RUN T-Shirt (available only if registering prior to the cutoff date) • Finisher’s Ribbons for Children • Random Prize Drawings • Post-Race Refreshments for Participants • Water/Aid Station • Free Parking • Free Festival Admission: Festival runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. this year.
The 8K start is at 9 a.m., followed by the 5K race at 9:15 a.m. The 2K Family-Friendly Fun Run/Walk/Roll/Board is at 10:30 a.m., and follows the 8K & 5K Awards Ceremony.
- Our Original 8K “Hybrid” Trail Race Course is a five-mile plus journey along a hand-prepped trail network comprised of nearly equal parts natural trails and paved paths that provides runners with a great tour of the entire park. The course starts and finishes flat and fast along a paved path, and has ample passing opportunities while featuring unique and scenic views of Ada Township’s 100-year old floodplain river valley, fall foliage, wildlife consisting of migrating birds, human-height prairie grasses, meadows, towering woodlands, thickets, wetlands, meandering streams, a foot bridge for good measure, and the majestic Grand River throughout most of the course. While challenging due to the transitions and some of the characteristics of the natural trails, this course is mostly flat with few elevation gains–an ideal race for both novice and seasoned trail runners alike for different reasons. This race is start/finish chip-timed. Immediate post-race results and QR code.
- Back by popular demand is our 5K Trail Race Course consisting of an all-paved, mostly flat and fast trail loop. The course is highly scenic, offering Grand River views, and affords runners the opportunity to sample Roselle Park’s natural beauty without getting “off trail.” This race is start/finish chip-timed. Immediate post-race results and QR code.
- The 2K Family-Friendly “Fun” Run/Walk/Roll/Board event is a non-timed, non-competitive event perfect for the entire family, including outdoor enthusiasts of all ages/abilities. The course is an all-paved loop that takes participants out along the Grand River (highly scenic), and returns to the Roselle Park River Festival.* Children 5 and under can participate for free with a registered adult. 8K & 5K registered runners are welcome to participate for free in this event (join other family members, or run an extra loop)! Come out for the run, and enjoy the fun at the Roselle Park River Festival with your entire family! Strollers, walkers, boarders and wheelchairs are most welcome! All children finishers will receive a “Finisher’s Ribbon” and special treats.
- Roselle Park River Festival: The festival runs from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m., and features live music, good eats, free fall-themed hands-on youth crafts and activities, educational nature exhibits and displays, animal presentations, arts and craft activities, nature hikes, biking, and much more!
Keep In Touch!
Like us on Facebook for training information and updates about the race and the festival! Follow us on Twitter for event updates! Follow us on Instagram to view 2015 photos! View our Flickr account for past race event photos!
View Roselle Park Grand River Run in a larger map
Thank you 2014 Runners, Walkers, Volunteers and Sponsors! Below are the 2014 Race Results:
PLEASE NOTE: 2015 Race event planning is underway and subject to change. Please email us if you would like to get involved as a corporate sponsor, donor, volunteer or participant! And, of course we welcome your ideas and feedback!